Some kind of project

Time is like a tea cup. Until you actually put something into it, you're not really making use of it. If Agent 86 had a tea cup since it would also need to be a self-destructive kind of tea cup to properly be representative of how time gets used up even if you're not putting tea into it at all.

In the unlikely event you're having this blog recited to you by your man-servant in bright pink speedos, I would like to point out that in this case I'm talking about the beverage kind of tea cup, and not the T-sized cup that might make their presence felt in the daydreams of a young adolescent who was not concentrating in class and instead imagining a comically proportioned woman with curves to out-do Jessica Rabbit .

No, we're talking Tea. Earl Grey. Warm cause otherwise my tongue gets all ouchie.

I often struggle with ideas on what useful things I can fill my tea cup with, whether it's half-full, half-empty or WTFITSFULLALREADYSTOPPOURING. The whole idea of 'Say When' never really worked for my muse, since she's all like "yeah, I has ideas and you just have to keep up."

As I've mentioned before, I'm currently working on a novel. I wrote it last year from start to finish during nanowrimo, and it's since become the longest thing I've ever worked on. No, she didn't.

So, this novel, I'm trying to get past this one part in my editing since I'm doing it sequentially, and have set myself the goal of finishing it by the end of October. Earlier today that deadline was mid-October, to give myself a small break between then and the start of nano. It will possibly change as time goes on, to excuse my laziness.

I think I need to eat more fish and drink more coffee to get my mind BUZZING so I can just fix it all up.

I also hate winter. If you're like me, every summer you have a bunch of people on facebook saying "wah, it's too hot, i hate summer." and then "wah, it's too cold, i hate winter" when it's winter. Well I hate winter ALL THE TIME (except for birthdays cause I officially get older but will eventually hate that too)

The main reason I hate it isn't the cold. It's the dark.

It's not that I'm scared of the dark. It's just that I much prefer the safety and non-scariness of daytime. Today is the shortest day, and from here more sun will be out and about, and I dunno about you, but I absolutely love the sun. I really am a fan of it. The orange rays of the sun as it's going down (again, no she didn't) in the afternoon feels really nice. And sunshowers, how cool are they?

Anyway, I miss sunset. During nano, I used to walk down to the harbour, sit in the sun as the day died, and it was a great source of inspiration and my magnificent tan. It'd be nice to get both of those happening again. This is especially true at the moment, as I'm at a part in the first chapter edit of Shimmer (the infamous novel), where I really need brilliant visuals to inspire me, and in the midst of murky winter evenings is not much inspiration.

I think my next novel (AND I HATE THINKING ABOUT IT CAUSE THEN I'M THINKING ABOUT THAT AND NOT THIS (this THIS is meant to be even bigger, like in CAPS-CAPS but changing font-size is cheating) ONE).... um, I forget.

I think my next novel needs to be a darker one, at least in the visuals required. That, or something where a rainy day works. Actually the script I failed to write earlier this year started like that, on account of my brilliant imagination that was totally capable of imagining I was warm and dry while I shivered in 5 layers of clothing and a doona.

Don't fret, I'll get there.

Right?

RIGHT??

~T

0 comments:

Post a Comment