It's All About The Monies

Time is like a revolving door. Sometimes things enter it and don't come out for a while, and some things just get confused and leave as quick as they came. There's also the few that like to keep going around and around, because we like to act stupid. Yes, ACT. Most of the time, those things are people, pets, or other things that could be classified as Alive, as non-alives don't have a habit of moving about on their own (Ghosts are clearly a grey area, since they can DIE, but you wouldn't really say that they're alive. NO WE'RE NOT DISCUSSING VAMPIRES HERE.) The concept of a non-alive object, like a tyre moving on it's own, makes my brain explode. Also, there's apparently a film about a evil psychic tyre that kills people by making their brain explode.

Presumably this is more complicated than the tyre saying "LULZ IMMA TYRRRR!" which would be all that was required to explode somebody's brain.

But that's not what I'm on about.

Years ago, I bought stuff. Lots of stuff. Stuff I probably didn't need, though if I hadn't bought it, the money would have gone to some other stupid purchase anyway, or some equally mystical place - you know, wherever that LAST TWENTY DOLLARS you swore was in your wallet vanished to. No really, wallet, WHERE IS MY MONEY??

My evil psychic wallet is just a klepto, not a serial killer.

Now, fast forward those years of buying stuff, and it's this month. It's fricking July. And I'm broke. Okay, I'm not broke to the extent of busking till people pay me to stop (and you better believe that they would!), but broke enough that I need to pay attention to how much money I have so that I can keep getting into work. Monthly budgets kill me, and while I won't go into specifics, at least I'm supposedly debt-free now. Also asset-free, but the world's really a zero-sum game.

So anyway, I happened across a brilliant idea. All of those things I shouldn't have bought - maybe I could sell them - enough of them at least, to get through the month.

One of the things I sold today was at 23% of the original value. It's not brilliant, but the important thing is I'M FRICKING RICH AGAIN. At least enough to buy my afternoon coffee without thinking too much about it. Now that I'm out of precious metal to sell, unless a gold meteorite lands in the backyard tonight, the next thing on the list is: precious books!

Obviously in this case, time is a really weird revolving door, where things come out much older or worth less or other stuff that affects my selling them. I have approximately two bags of books (the standard unit for measuring books) that I'm going to try an easy-sell with, and another bag of more.. shall we say, 'exotic' books?

Okay, so they're Star Wars roleplaying books. They're not even CURRENT ones - they're the old WEG books. Hey, back off, I was young. YOUDONTKNOWWHATITSLIKE!!!

Anyway, as it stands, it looks like I'll be more or less fine till the end of the month so long as I don't see many shinies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment