In the quick closing then reopening of an eye...

Time is like a bed. There's a lot more enjoyable things I could (hypothetically- the truth is far sadder, or far in excess of information than anybody wants) be using one for, but right now, I'd be happy to sleep. Unfortunately I'm on the train, and far too conscious about my personal space to shut my eyes. And what's worse is that every few seconds, my eyes just want to close AND THEY DO! But I have the world's best willpower when it comes to staying awake and anyone that says different is a liar and a cat. Yes, a cat. You know who you are!!

The positive thing is that I'm clearly having an effect on the people around me with this. I look around and see lots of others trying to stay awake, but obviously taking a cue from example as when they close their eyes, they reopen them a moment later. It's almost imperceiveable, but they're doing it. No, they're not winking- winking's only ONE eye, you idiot. I hope it catches on.

If you start doing this, I want royalties.

I'm still of the opinion I need a personal train, or at least carriage. I try to pick places as far away from people as I can, and without fail, they always come to me. Packed or empty, they know what they want, and they want me. Well BACK OFF! If I wanted strange people touching me, well... I'M strange. I'd be doing something more enjoyable.

Bizarrely, I'm also a touchy-feely person- No, it's not a continuation of the between the lines of the previous sentence. I just feel disturbed when somebody's in my personal space when I don't want them to be. It's the weird tap on the back thing that bugs me most. And I'm not alone in this- a quick survey showed nobody likes when you walk up to people and start touching them.

Well, almost nobody, but um.. we won't talk about that guy. *shudder*

It's not that I haven't been sleeping well, though. I mean I haven't been, but that's not why I feel like sleeping more. I just like my warmth, and while being warm during the course of the working day tends to make me feel suffocated, in a bed that's a good thing. NO, NOT BEING SUFFOCATED. Being suffocated is NEVER a good thing (that's free advice, use it wisely)

Oh, and since I can, here's a followup: My hair cut isn't really that bad. I just don't like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment