I might be a Mary Sue...

Time is like watching a movie. As you sit there minding your own business, things just happen. Of course if you're watching it at home, and it's on a DVD or (gasp) video, then you can pause it and things stop happening until you start it up again. Time doesn't have one of those pause buttons. At least that's the official story.

One of the things that's becoming clear to me as I traipse through this stupid world, is that it's pretty fricking stupid. Though the thing that's even more clear is that I myself, am awesome. I know lots of people say they're awesome, and they tend to turn out as pretty damn lame, BUT TRUST ME I'm awesome.

I've noticed over time that while yeah, I'm pretty shy/reserved for the most part, some people just become drawn to me. I don't mean that OHTHEYWANTMYBODY (cause not even I want that), but they just want to talk to me. I'm gonna completely and utterly disagree with what I just said: The world is pretty fricking smart.

No, not that thing. Sometimes, I don't think I'm awesome (or at least, special)

It's not that I think poorly of myself - it's just that I don't see the things I do as anything out of the ordinary. It's probably why I get frustrated with some people like I do, cause I think if I'm capable of it, then anyone should be. I also know there's things I can't do, so I'm amazed by people that can do them. It's like, conversation. I can do it. I'm not brilliant at it, but I genuinely talk to people and if their competency level at actually doing... stuff... isn't going to cause me any issues, then I try my best to be friendly and listen, maybe engage them a little.

A recurring pattern I've found is that I'm a sincere genuine person. This is a problem. It is a problem because I go around life expecting everyone else is naturally like that, or that they should be. Though they're not. It also means that on occasion, when someone is generally drawn to that sincere way of mine - it freaks me out. My thoughts start going "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, OH GOD, I'M GOING TO FRICKING DIE". I never do, but I think I do."

So, something like this happened yesterday. For the first time, in 7-8 years, someone actually approached me in a bar. So I'm talking, doing my best to make them feel comfortable (cause they seemed nervous), and asked if i'd like to be friends.

Actually, it kind of reinforces a self-believed tragedy. I'm too awesome, hence it's best to be friends with me, cause the alternative is not having me around at all. It's happened before (at least it seems like it), and it's infinitely frustrating - like that jar of roasted capsicums I could never get open and eventually just gave away. No, it's no olive theory, but it's a start (plus that was a load of crap). Sometimes I think it'd be easier if I was a jerk. I tried it once, for like 30 seconds. I hated it, and quickly reverted to being myself.

Can't deny my awesomeness. I'm the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being you've ever known in your life.



Aside: The example labels for the posts in blogger say stuff like "scooters, vacation, fall." In my mind, the next is 'cliff'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment