Sobriety, tact, and... no, I'm not buying it either

Time is like... gone. I should have known this might happen. Somehow it's now a month since I last blogged, and that last was barely much at all. Like, what the heck? So to recap the amazing month I had might be difficult, but here goes.

I got sick.

Yeah, amazing story right? It pretty much killed the creative part of my brain for that whole period of ohgodkillmenow, where I successively had a blocked nose, bleeding nose, runny nose, blocked ear, runny... ear??, dry cough, wet cough, internal-bruising cough, smokers cough (and I don't smoke), headaches, chest pains, arm pain, sore throat, dehydration, itches, scratches, boredom, and pity. In hindsight, I should've seen a doctor.

Well, it's not the extent of EVERYTHING but a huge piece of it. I actually went a week without using my lappy. I also gave up coffee at around the same time, so it's plausible my body said "You can't do this to me-RAWR I MAEK U SICK!!" I think it's forgiven me now.

It went on way longer than it should've, and it's only this week that i've really gotten past it.

I've still been living life- you know, going to work, paying bills, sleeping. Cause I'm a good boy.

^_^

So Friday night I got totally drunk and had an awesome night, unexpectedly. When I finally returned to sober, inhibited thought, I found that I had brought back a little of dream-me/drunk-me. Earlier this week I'd started writing again, something new. I said that just having all the pieces and knowing what the end result should be isn't enough to make the puzzle for you- and it was about how deep down I'm pretty shy, but deeper down I'm not. Deeper again I'm a time-travelling dinosaur named Freckles, but that's another story.

So through getting that drunk, I learned some things about myself. I can be cocky/forward. I still won't succumb to peer pressure on something like smoking. If I'm going all out here, I'd even say while I'm happy with who I am, and I feel like I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy, I'd still like it to happen. If that means I have to keep having my own 'Pineapple Incident' time and again until I can be all the me I'm meant to, where I say stupid things to girls, then so be it. I mean, I'm saying stupid things to everybody else, may as well be consistent.

2 comments:

michael / nephamael said...

I can empathize, you're actually a lot less confused than me. Me confuzzled.

Are we going to wait until Nano to catch up again? I need more drunk experiences.

Unknown said...

I'm plenty of confused - just I find if I just come out and say so, it looks like I know what I'm on about.

No need to wait for Nano either - should definitely try to plan something, though those are always the things that never happened. Usually in the city each evening, though friday's the only one I can really go overboard.

Post a Comment